A look back at running in 2022 and plans for 2023
Created on .
Read in 1 minute.
In 2022 I ran nearly 2400 miles and have big plans for 2023!
2022 - Racing and injuries
In 2022, I ran 2351 miles and numerous ultra marathons. Much of my season was marked by injury and too many races. Both 200+ mile races I attempted I started injured and couldn’t persevere as would be expected.
200+: Moab 240 (DNF), Cocodona 250 (DNF)
100 mile: Mace’s Hideout 100, Creede 100, Mogollon Monster 100
50 mile: San Juan Solstice 50, Ute 50
50k: Moab Red Hot, Behind the Rocks, Sedona Stage Race (2), Arches Ultra
An upside to 2022 was that I won my first race and podiumed in some others. It was the most competitive year for me and I was in the lead for over a 100 miles across 3 different races!
2023 - Coaching and focused racing
For the upcoming year, I have officially signed up for a running coach with CTS. I currently have the following races on the calendar. More to be added soon!
- Canyons 100 mile in April
- Moab 240 in October (depends on lottery and waitlist)
Canyons is new to me (I need some UTMB stones). The Moab 240 is about getting redemption on a previous DNF in 2022.
For distance in 2023, I’m aiming for about 3000 miles!
La Sportiva Cyklon Cross GTX Review
- Canyons 100 mile by UTMB planning and splits
- Drop Bag Plan for Cocodona 250
- Mogollon Monster 100 Mile Planning
- 2022 Behind the Rocks 50k Race Report
- 2022 Moab 240 DNF
- 2022 Mace's Hideout 100 Race Report
- 2022 Creede 100 Race Report
- 2022 Mogollon Monster 100 Mile Race Report
- 2022 Sedona Stage Race Report
- Running and Chronic Exertional Compartment Syndrome
- 2021 Mogollon Monster 100 Mile Race Report