A look back at running in 2022 and plans for 2023
Created on .
Read in 1 minute.
In 2022 I ran nearly 2400 miles and have big plans for 2023!
2022 - Racing and injuries
In 2022, I ran 2351 miles and numerous ultra marathons. Much of my season was marked by injury and too many races. Both 200+ mile races I attempted I started injured and couldn’t persevere as would be expected.
200+: Moab 240 (DNF), Cocodona 250 (DNF)
100 mile: Mace’s Hideout 100, Creede 100, Mogollon Monster 100
50 mile: San Juan Solstice 50, Ute 50
50k: Moab Red Hot, Behind the Rocks, Sedona Stage Race (2), Arches Ultra
An upside to 2022 was that I won my first race and podiumed in some others. It was the most competitive year for me and I was in the lead for over a 100 miles across 3 different races!
2023 - Coaching and focused racing
For the upcoming year, I have officially signed up for a running coach with CTS. I currently have the following races on the calendar. More to be added soon!
Canyons is new to me (I need some UTMB stones). The Moab 240 is about getting redemption on a previous DNF in 2022.
For distance in 2023, I’m aiming for about 3000 miles!
- Drop Bag Plan for Cocodona 250
- Mogollon Monster 100 Mile Planning
- 2022 Behind the Rocks 50k Race Report
- 2022 Moab 240 DNF
- 2022 Mogollon Monster 100 Mile Race Report
- 2022 Mace's Hideout 100 Race Report
- 2022 Creede 100 Race Report
- 2022 Sedona Stage Race Report
- Running and Chronic Exertional Compartment Syndrome
- 2021 Mogollon Monster 100 Mile Race Report